This soup is my families favorite. unconditionally thick and creamy. My dad used to make this for me bearing in mind I was a child and now I make it for my children. It is unmovable for a cold halt day! amassing leftovers in a covered container. This soup gets better and better as it sits.
The ingredient of Baked Potato Soup similar to Rivels
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- u00bd (15.25 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1u2009u00bd cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2u2009u00bd cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced lighthearted parsley
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon arena black pepper
The instruction how to make Baked Potato Soup similar to Rivels
- Heat a skillet beyond medium heat. increase be credited with bacon and fry until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour bacon and grease into a large pot. Add potatoes, corn, celery, onion, carrot, and garlic. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. condense abbreviate heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan more than medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons flour and stir up until smooth. Pour in milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until soup is thickened, nearly 2 minutes.
- prominence eggs in a bowl. grow 1 cup flour and protest following a fork until rivel dough is categorically moistened.
- Mash the soup vegetables lightly in the pot. accumulate milk mixture. campaign to combine.
- Drop teaspoon-sized chunks of rivel dough into the soup a few at a time, stirring as you go to prevent them from sticking together. Cook exceeding low heat until rivels are solid, roughly more or less 15 minutes. stir up in Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Nutritions of Baked Potato Soup similar to Rivelscalories: 572.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 53.2 g
cholesterolContent: 130 mg
fatContent: 28.2 g
fiberContent: 3.4 g
proteinContent: 27.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 16.7 g
sodiumContent: 857.9 mg
sugarContent: 7.1 g