This is a recipe that I found in a vegetarian cookbook years ago. I have modified it to my liking and have made it ever since. Its a hearty soup taking into account bearing in mind a omnipotent flavor. ensue seasonal veggies for more variety. Enjoy!
The ingredient of Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- u00bd pound green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons total wheat flour
- u00bd cup cutting cream
- u00be cup sauerkraut similar to juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped roomy dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. stir up opinion in the onion, and gently cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. go to the potatoes and green beans; cook until the green beans have slightly softened, nearly 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil greater than high heat, later lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the potatoes have softened, roughly more or less 15 minutes. shake up the flour into the sharp cream, and accumulate it a spoonful at a become old to the simmering soup. work up in the sauerkraut and dill, season to taste following salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes more forward into the future serving.
Nutritions of Russian Green Bean and Potato Soupcalories: 221.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 35.7 g
cholesterolContent: 8.4 mg
fatContent: 7.1 g
fiberContent: 6.1 g
proteinContent: 5.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 2.9 g
sodiumContent: 600.8 mg
sugarContent: 6 g