This is an indigenous native recipe, inspired by the Jalapeno Sweet Potato Soup at Homestead descent in Waco, Texas.
The ingredient of Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 amassed jalapeno pepper
- u00bc cup softened butter
- u00bc cup tawny juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped roomy cilantro
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- u00bc cup walnut pieces
The instruction how to make Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. in the manner of tender, peel, and place into a mixing bowl. While the potatoes are baking, place the jalapeno pepper in the oven, and bake until the skin loosens, very nearly 20 minutes. Peel, mince, and place into the bowl considering the potatoes. mount up the softened butter, tawny juice, and cilantro; mix behind an electric mixer until sleek slick and creamy. Season to taste next salt and pepper, subsequently next transfer to a 1 quart baking dish. Drizzle later than the melted butter and sprinkle afterward the walnut pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot in the center, roughly more or less 20 minutes.
Nutritions of Mashed Jalapeno-Cilantro Sweet Potatoescalories: 307.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 25.7 g
cholesterolContent: 45.8 mg
fatContent: 22.3 g
fiberContent: 4.1 g
proteinContent: 3.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 11.4 g
sodiumContent: 265.7 mg
sugarContent: 6.4 g