This no-drain, fast, and yummy recipe for potato leek soup is creamy and resembles baked potato soup in its texture and cheesy goodness, but sneaks in some leeks. bolster hot, topped later than green onion, bacon bits, and/or shredded Cheddar to your liking. Using the butter or yellow potatoes makes a difference in this recipe.
The ingredient of Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 leeks (white ration only), chopped
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- u00bc pound processed cheese food (such as Velveeta u00ae), cut into cubes
- 1 cup dry potato flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pinch arena white pepper, or to taste
The instruction how to make Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on top of higher than medium heat; saute onion and leeks until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place potatoes into a large pot when sufficient water to cover by just about 1 inch; go to onion and leeks. Bring water to a boil; condense abbreviate heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. sever pot from heat and mash potato incorporation combination in the water, leaving some potatoes in chunks.
- protest cheese food into potato incorporation combination until smooth; grow potato flakes. toss around blend until soup reaches desired consistency; season in the same way as salt and white pepper.
Nutritions of Creamy Potato Leek Soupcalories: 142.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21.7 g
cholesterolContent: 6.1 mg
fatContent: 4.7 g
fiberContent: 2.1 g
proteinContent: 4.2 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.8 g
sodiumContent: 138.3 mg
sugarContent: 1.4 g