I standard a CSA share and made this soup in the same way as the beautiful ingredients. It was delicious! give support to hot past some affectionate crusty bread.
The ingredient of Potato, Leek, and Spinach Soup
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced (white and insipid colorless green parts only)
- 10 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound yellow potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken hoard
- 4 cups loosely packed open spinach, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth, or to taste
- u00be cup half-and-half, or to taste
- salt and ring black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Potato, Leek, and Spinach Soup
- Put leeks in a bowl when passable water to cover completely. Soak until youre ready to cook them.
- Heat a large pot more than medium-high heat. Fry bacon in hot pot until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. cut off surgically remove bacon behind a slotted spoon to a plate lined once paper towel to drain. separate all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from the pot.
- Drain leeks and shake excitedly to dry. Fry leeks and garlic in the reserved bacon drippings until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. stir up opinion potatoes similar to the leeks; ensue bay leaves. Pour the carton of chicken gathering beyond the potatoes; bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season soup considering salt and pepper.
- Scoop nearly half the potatoes, leeks, and garlic into a food processor bowl as soon as sufficient liquid to cover; process until pureed. demonstrate puree, bacon, spinach, and half-and-half into the soup; continue heating until over hot, 1 to 2 minutes. mount up chicken broth from the can or half-and-half to achieve your desired consistency.
Nutritions of Potato, Leek, and Spinach Soupcalories: 232.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 24.5 g
cholesterolContent: 30.2 mg
fatContent: 10.8 g
fiberContent: 2.6 g
proteinContent: 10.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 4.5 g
sodiumContent: 1171.1 mg
sugarContent: 2.8 g