There is nothing better approximately a chilly, damp day than a steaming bowl of potato leek soup; and conversely, few things are as delicious and refreshing re a hot, sweaty day than a bowl of ice chilly frosty vichyssoise.
The ingredient of Potato Leek Soup (Vichyssoise)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1u2009u00bd pounds trimmed leeks, cleaned and thinly cut
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, benefit more to taste
- 1u2009u00bc pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into eighths
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, or more as needed to get used to thickness
- 1 cup stuffy cream
- u00bd cup creme fraiche
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Chopped blithe chives for garnish
The instruction how to make Potato Leek Soup (Vichyssoise)
- Melt butter in soup pot beyond medium-high heat. accumulate leeks and salt; cook until leeks begin to wilt. condense abbreviate heat to medium or medium-low and cook until soft and something like pastelike, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place potatoes in the pot; build up chicken broth. acclimatize heat so merger simmers slowly. Cook until potatoes are soft, roughly more or less 30 minutes. Puree merger considering an incorporation blender or in batches in a blender. raise a fuss in close cream and creme fraiche. Heat on top of higher than medium heat. mount up more salt, if needed, and cayenne pepper. get not boil.
- advance in the manner of a drizzle of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of chopped chives.
Nutritions of Potato Leek Soup (Vichyssoise)calories: 424.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 35.4 g
cholesterolContent: 104.3 mg
fatContent: 30.5 g
fiberContent: 3.6 g
proteinContent: 5.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 18.8 g
sodiumContent: 1171.3 mg
sugarContent: 5.7 g