Lentils, sweet potatoes, onions, and spinach are a few handy vegan ingredients are cooked when aromatic and flavorful Indian spices to unexpectedly create an agreed delicious and hearty meal. Thanks to our associates friend Wendy for this keeper!
The ingredient of Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- u00bd teaspoon arena turmeric
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups chopped lighthearted spinach
- 1 pinch salt to taste
The instruction how to make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- Heat olive oil in a pot exceeding medium heat. Cook and toss around onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Cook and toss around red pepper flakes, turmeric, and garam masala into onion mix until coated, approximately 2 more minutes.
- move around lentils and broth into onion mixture; bring join up to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until lentils are softened but unmodified to the bite, roughly more or less 15 minutes.
- shake up sweet potatoes into lentil mixture; bring to a boil, shorten heat to low, cover, and simmer until sweet potatoes are sadness and lentils are fully cooked, roughly more or less 10 more minutes. mount up spinach; cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season when salt.
Nutritions of Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soupcalories: 360.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 63.7 g
fatContent: 4.9 g
fiberContent: 20.9 g
proteinContent: 16.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.7 g
sodiumContent: 553.5 mg
sugarContent: 10.5 g