Spicy sausage - in this case, chorizo - pairs sweetly wonderfully taking into consideration hearty greens. If you like, interim collard or mustard greens for the kale. If you cant do chorizo, hot Italian sausage will in addition to work in this soup.
The ingredient of Spicy Potato and Kale Soup
- u00bc cup halved and sliced chorizo sausage (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- u2153 cup water
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 4 cups kale, ribs removed, thinly sliced (see Tips for Two)
- u215b teaspoon freshly field pepper, or to taste
The instruction how to make Spicy Potato and Kale Soup
- Heat a large saucepan greater than medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate; wipe out the pot.
- Heat oil in the pot over medium heat. accumulate onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. mount up broth, water, potato and garlic; mass the heat to high and bring to a boil. edit to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Lightly mash the potato gone a wooden spoon. build up kale, a handful at a time, waiting until it has wilted beforehand adding more. Adjust heat to preserve sustain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, just about 5 minutes. amass the reserved chorizo and season taking into consideration pepper.
Nutritions of Spicy Potato and Kale Soupcalories: 246 calories
carbohydrateContent: 33.6 g
cholesterolContent: 15.6 mg
fatContent: 8.8 g
fiberContent: 5.2 g
proteinContent: 11.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 2.6 g
sodiumContent: 312.4 mg
sugarContent: 2.8 g