My sister gave me this recipe years ago and it has become a staple of our holiday or company is coming type of dinner. Its easy to hoard and can be prepared ahead of time. It pairs capably skillfully gone beef, ham, or chicken. Leftovers, if there are any, reheat well. Everyone always loves The Irish Potatoes. Yes, I know The Irish Potatoes are fattening, but without the butter, whipping cream, and half and half it is just not as good. Substituting margarine or frozen hash browns would be a travesty.
The ingredient of The Irish Potatoes
- 8 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- u00bd small onion, minced
- salt and ring black pepper to taste
- u00bd cup butter, melted
- u00bd cup close whipping cream
- u00bd cup half-and-half
- u00bc teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped well-ventilated light parsley
The instruction how to make The Irish Potatoes
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover later than salted water; bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes at a boil for 10 minutes; drain. Set potatoes aside to cool.
- behind potatoes are cool ample plenty to handle, slide the skin from the potatoes and discard; refrigerate peeled potatoes until extremely cold, nearly 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Grate 2 of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle very nearly 1/4 of the minced onion greater than the lump bump of potato; season taking into consideration salt and black pepper. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used and dish is full.
- Drizzle melted butter, whipping cream, and half and half higher than the potato mixture; season taking into consideration paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pinnacle is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- ornament later chopped vivacious parsley to serve.
Nutritions of The Irish Potatoescalories: 447.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 67.8 g
cholesterolContent: 50.1 mg
fatContent: 17.8 g
fiberContent: 6.1 g
proteinContent: 6.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 11.1 g
sodiumContent: 118.3 mg
sugarContent: 3.1 g