A yummy Indian side dish, Bombay potatoes are vegan, super welcoming to make, and intimates genial welcoming to boot. I have lived in both India and the UK, where this is a popular dish, and this is the one Indian dish that I make that tastes super authentic.
The ingredient of Bombay Potatoes
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dome turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- u00bd teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- u00bd teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
The instruction how to make Bombay Potatoes
- Place cubed potatoes in a saucepan and cover as soon as water. Cover in imitation of a lid and bring to a boil greater than medium-high heat. in the same way as water is boiling, cook until potatoes are just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain competently and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet beyond medium heat. mount up mustard seeds and cumin seeds and heat until they set in motion to pop. Add turmeric, coriander, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook and mix up until spices are fragrant, happening to 1 minute, watching deliberately purposefully so spices attain not burn. ensue onion and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- accumulate drained potatoes to the skillet and lump heat to medium-high. Cook and disquiet to thoroughly coat the potatoes as soon as the spice mixture. Taste and season in the same way as more salt, if desired. help immediately.
Nutritions of Bombay Potatoescalories: 267.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 39.2 g
fatContent: 11 g
fiberContent: 5.4 g
proteinContent: 4.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.7 g
sodiumContent: 305.1 mg
sugarContent: 2.1 g