interchange slices of sweet and white potatoes baked in cream, butter, and a touch of cinnamon are a fabulous fantastic taste surprise. This dish was served by links contacts after my aunts funeral. Ive made it for several special occasions and it never fails to be a hit. It is rich, but oh so delicious.
The ingredient of Checkerboard Potatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup heavy cream
- u00bd cup unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- u00bd teaspoon ring cinnamon, or to taste
The instruction how to make Checkerboard Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, alternate the sweet potato and red potato slices in overlapping rows to create a checkerboard effect. Pour the cream evenly greater than the potatoes. Dot subsequent to pieces of butter, and sprinkle like cinnamon.
- Bake outdoor external for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the potatoes are fork tender, and slightly brown just about the edges. separate from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Checkerboard Potatoescalories: 374.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 40.1 g
cholesterolContent: 71.3 mg
fatContent: 22.8 g
fiberContent: 5 g
proteinContent: 4.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 14.2 g
sodiumContent: 68 mg
sugarContent: 5 g