These creamy Middle Eastern-style potatoes are flavored past turmeric and use olive oil rather than butter. They are immense alone, and for fillings in publicize pastries. Amounts of salt, pepper, and bonus spices may be adjusted to taste.
The ingredient of Moroccan Mashed Potatoes
- 10 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon arena turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dome black pepper
- u00bd teaspoon arena cumin
The instruction how to make Moroccan Mashed Potatoes
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill when passable water to cover. Bring to a boil greater than medium-high heat, and cook until sore spot and can be pierced taking into consideration a fork, virtually 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, and heat exceeding medium-high heat. stir up in the onion and cook until translucent and lightly browned, virtually 6 minutes.
- Drain water from the potatoes, and mash. rouse in the onion, and continue mashing. Mix in the turmeric, salt, pepper, and cumin. accumulate the enduring surviving 2 tablespoons olive oil, or amount desired to make the potatoes more or less creamy.
Nutritions of Moroccan Mashed Potatoescalories: 103 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21.3 g
fatContent: 1.4 g
fiberContent: 2 g
proteinContent: 1.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.2 g
sodiumContent: 223.6 mg
sugarContent: 1 g