This is a casserole that was used for Lenten meals by my in-laws. It is Hungarian in extraction and everywhere I believe it, I get requests for the recipe.
The ingredient of Potato and Egg Casserole
- 6 potatoes
- 8 eggs
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) container barbed cream
The instruction how to make Potato and Egg Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. amass potatoes and cook until pain but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and slice.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover later Cool water. Bring water to a boil and sharply cut off surgically remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. separate from hot water, cool, peel and slice.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish mass potatoes and eggs, sprinkling each growth of eggs gone seasoning salt, ending subsequent to potatoes.
- In a small saucepan higher than low heat, melt margarine later critical cream. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle lightly next seasoning salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Nutritions of Potato and Egg Casserolecalories: 414.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 25.6 g
cholesterolContent: 168.8 mg
fatContent: 31.6 g
fiberContent: 2.1 g
proteinContent: 8.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 10.3 g
sodiumContent: 295 mg
sugarContent: 1.6 g