eternal Indian Kala Chana recipe. A bit tart, but no question wholesome. deafening source of protein for a vegans. Can be served in imitation of either chapati/roti or basmati rice.
The ingredient of Black Chana gone Potato
- 1 cup dried black chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons salt, separated
- u00bd teaspoon baking soda
- 1 quart water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 (1 inch) piece chopped buoyant ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- u00bc teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 pinches asafoetida powder
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon field coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- u00bc teaspoon arena turmeric
- u00bc teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste, or more to taste
The instruction how to make Black Chana gone Potato
- Sort and clean chickpeas and wash them out cold asleep cold water; drain. increase chickpeas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; grow 1 quart water. Soak chickpeas for 24 hours; drain.
- increase onion, garlic, and ginger in a blender; mount up 3 tablespoons water. combination amalgamation mixture at high eagerness until a sleek slick paste forms.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 4-quart pot more than medium-high heat. grow cumin seeds and asafoetida; cook and excite until asafoetida expands and cumin seeds darken, roughly more or less 1 minute. stir up opinion onion paste into cumin mixture, taking frightful care to avoid splattering. Cook and demonstrate blend until with ease contaminated and fragrant, virtually 5 minutes.
- rouse chickpeas, potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper into onion-cumin mixture; ensue 2 cups water. Bring liquid to a boil and cover pot; cut heat and gently simmer for 1 hour. work up tamarind cement into chickpea mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes more.
Nutritions of Black Chana gone Potatocalories: 320.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 52.2 g
fatContent: 9.2 g
fiberContent: 9.9 g
proteinContent: 9.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.4 g
sodiumContent: 713.9 mg
sugarContent: 5.5 g