This hearty leek soup is a quick and easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Leek & sweet potato soup
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium (900g) leeks, washed, trimmed, sliced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 700g orange sweet potato (kumara, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives to garnish
The instruction how to make Leek & sweet potato soup
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the sweet potato and cook, stirring frequently, for a further 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Process soup in 2 batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Place soup in a clean saucepan and reheat over medium-low heat. Check seasoning and serve garnished with the chives.
Nutritions of Leek & sweet potato soupcalories: 356.588 calories
fatContent: 18 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 19 grams sugar
proteinContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1374.17 milligrams sodium