A favorite gone our family, this French-Canadian dish has been passed by the side of from many generations. Its a understandable dish that can be served in the same way as a bechamel sauce. If you in imitation of salmon you will enjoy this pie.
The ingredient of Salmon and Potato Pie
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can red salmon, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie bullets missiles
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
The instruction how to make Salmon and Potato Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. grow potatoes and cook until sensitive but still firm, very nearly 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- In a medium saucepan, cook onions, garlic and butter more than medium heat until vegetables become transparent in color.
- accumulate onion/garlic mixture, salmon and thyme to cooked potatoes. Mash all together taking into account bearing in mind milk, adding just enough to bring approximately a mashed potato consistency. early payment evenly into pie shell.
- Place second pie shell more than height of salmon mixture. Cut slits into the upper shell, later pinch edges of both pie bullets missiles together. Bake something like lower rack of oven for 45 minutes.
Nutritions of Salmon and Potato Piecalories: 413.1 calories
carbohydrateContent: 52.6 g
cholesterolContent: 19.3 mg
fatContent: 18.2 g
fiberContent: 3.2 g
proteinContent: 10 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.8 g
sodiumContent: 387.5 mg
sugarContent: 3 g