This is my mothers latke recipe which has been a smashing hit at dozens of Chanukah parties. The unspecified is in the potatoes, which are crushed rather than grated, resulting in a light, crispy latke.
The ingredient of Foolproof Potato Latkes
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- u00bc cup canola oil, or as needed
The instruction how to make Foolproof Potato Latkes
- Place 1/4 of the potatoes, onion, eggs, salt, flour, and baking powder in the doing bowl of a food processor; pulse several era until the vegetables are finely chopped. mount up the get off of the potatoes, and pulse another time until all the potatoes are finely chopped and the union is adequately combined.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop going on about 1/3 cup of the potato blend per latke, and place into the hot oil. Fry the patty until brown and crisp roughly speaking the bottom, flip it, and cook the other side until brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat in the manner of the on fire of the potato mixture, replenishing the oil as needed. foster hot.
Nutritions of Foolproof Potato Latkescalories: 288.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 36.8 g
cholesterolContent: 74.4 mg
fatContent: 13.4 g
fiberContent: 4.6 g
proteinContent: 6.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.5 g
sodiumContent: 1067.8 mg
sugarContent: 3.4 g