I found this recipe years ago and go back to it epoch and again. Mashed potatoes form the crust of this supreme side dish.
The ingredient of Potato Crust Quiche
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- u00bc cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen infected vegetables, thawed
- u00bd cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- salt and black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Potato Crust Quiche
- Place the potatoes into a pot and cover as soon as water. Bring to a boil, subsequently next reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, nearly 20 minutes. Drain and attain to steam dry for a minute or two. Place the butter into the pot, and mash the potatoes and butter similar to a masher until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish. stress inflection the eggs like evaporated milk in a bowl until without difficulty combined.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes into the prepared pie plate, smoothing the potatoes not far off from the bottom and occurring the the sides of the dish subsequently a spoon to make an even crust roughly more or less 1/2-inch thick. Place the vegetables into the bottom of the crust, and sprinkle later than Cheddar cheese. Pour the egg mixture higher than the quiche, and sprinkle in imitation of bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let the quiche stand for just about 10 minutes yet to be slicing into wedges for serving.
Nutritions of Potato Crust Quichecalories: 295.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 32.2 g
cholesterolContent: 99 mg
fatContent: 14.8 g
fiberContent: 5.4 g
proteinContent: 10.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 8.5 g
sodiumContent: 211.1 mg
sugarContent: 3.4 g