The hardest line cook job I ever had was at the Carnelian Room, where approaching a buzzing night Id prepare over 250 steaks and chops. The biggest challenge was frying French potato puffs to order. Called pommes dauphine, its one of the finest foods ever invented. To save your kitchen from that deep fryer smell, I wanted to strive for a baked version. I was entirely happy following the results. Even though they werent as dark and crispy as the fried version, the inside was roughly identical. Enjoy these as a admiring snack similar to a dip, or to go counter to some eggs or grilled steak.
The ingredient of Baked Potato Puffs
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes, or as needed, quartered
- u00bd cup water
- u00bc cup butter
- kosher salt to taste
- u00bd cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
The instruction how to make Baked Potato Puffs
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover considering salted water; bring to a boil. shorten heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, nearly 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Butter 24 mini muffin cups.
- increase water and butter in a saucepan higher than medium heat and season gone salt. Heat until butter melts and starts to bubble. stir up in flour until mix pulls away from the pan and comes together into a dough.
- Transfer pastry dough to a bowl. move ahead in the bowl and let cool, not quite 5 minutes. mixture combination in eggs using a spatula until dough is agreed soft and sticky. mount up 2 cups of the mashed potatoes and fusion until well combined. build up a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. provide it one last mix.
- Scoop potato dough into the greased muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and puffed, approximately 20 minutes. Let get off for 1 minute prematurely removing puffs onto a wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes and facilitate warm.
Nutritions of Baked Potato Puffscalories: 44.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 4.8 g
cholesterolContent: 20.6 mg
fatContent: 2.4 g
fiberContent: 0.3 g
proteinContent: 1.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.4 g
sodiumContent: 37.2 mg
sugarContent: 0.1 g