Looking for new ideas with mince? Try these spicy kofta with a side of naan bread and rice.
The ingredient of Chicken kofta
- 750g chicken mince
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (70g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml canned coconut milk
- 200ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Naan bread, to serve
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Chicken kofta
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chicken mince, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, chilli, garam masala, chopped coriander and half the ginger in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt. Mix with your hands until well combined. Using damp hands, roll mixture into 30 walnut-sized balls, then place on tray in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes until light golden.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add curry paste and remaining ginger, then stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then add coconut milk, stock and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add kofta and simmer for 20 minutes until kofta are cooked through and sauce has thickened. Stir in lemon juice to taste.
- Serve kofta with pilau rice garnished with extra coriander and naan bread.
Nutritions of Chicken koftacalories: 383.834 calories
fatContent: 23 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 29 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 149 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 775.6 milligrams sodium