Tasty orange chicken is perfect with a pilaff scattered with dried fruit and nuts.
The ingredient of Orange chicken
- 4 oranges, halved
- 2 x 1.5kg chickens, cleaned
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons medium dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Juice oranges. Set 3/4 cup of juice aside. Place orange skins into chicken cavities. Spray chickens with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place onto a rack in a large roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour 10 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken thighs are pierced with a skewer. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove skin and flesh from chickens. Discard skin and bones. Shred chicken.
- Combine reserved orange juice, lemon juice, oil, sherry, sugar, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake to combine.
- Spoon pilaf (see related recipe) into serving bowls. Top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Orange chickencalories: 385.507 calories
fatContent: 15 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 8 grams sugar
proteinContent: 52 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 176 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 139.98 milligrams sodium