This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as without difficulty as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it. It is a enormous soup for those who when to want something every second the complete afterward in a while. arena Egusi seeds present this soup a unique color and flavor. If you cant adjudicate Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Any fascination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of the shrimp. Drained, smoked oysters and chicken can be used in place of the beef.
The ingredient of Egusi Soup
- u00be cup pumpkin seeds
- 1u2009u00bd pounds cubed beef stew meat
- u00bd cup peanut oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 18 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato glue gum
- 1u2009u00bd cups water
- 2 pounds buoyant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound open spinach, washed and chopped
The instruction how to make Egusi Soup
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until merger is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season like salt. In large pot, heat oil greater than medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. build up beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and mixture for very nearly 30 seconds or until smooth. grow tomato blend to meat, cut heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- grow tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- build up spinach and pitch pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Nutritions of Egusi Soupcalories: 757.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 16.9 g
cholesterolContent: 306 mg
fatContent: 51 g
fiberContent: 4.8 g
proteinContent: 60 g
saturatedFatContent: 14 g
sodiumContent: 858.3 mg
sugarContent: 7 g