This is a specialty of the island of Nantucket Island, Mass. similar to I was a pubescent girl my grandmother use to make it for us kids. Use your favorite vanilla icing recipe in place of the increase bought if desired. It is delicious with a nice cold glass of milk.
The ingredient of Tarred Roof Cake
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- u00bd cup milk, warmed
- 1u2009u00bd tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, melted
The instruction how to make Tarred Roof Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mixture combination together the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla. stir up in the indulgent milk and butter until with ease blended. Pour into the prepared pan, and money up front evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake entirely upfront frosting.
- evolve vanilla frosting higher than the peak of the cake, then drizzle when the bittersweet chocolate. Let the chocolate cool and harden yet to be serving.
Nutritions of Tarred Roof Cakecalories: 210.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 35.6 g
cholesterolContent: 23.9 mg
fatContent: 6.8 g
fiberContent: 0.4 g
proteinContent: 1.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 g
sodiumContent: 117.7 mg
sugarContent: 28.6 g