Vegan split pea soup is made in the same way as within reach and budget-friendly vegetarian ingredients. This low calorie, easy-to-make soup is a hearty bowl of comfort and health!
The ingredient of Vegan Split Pea Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 green scare pepper, chopped
- 1 red warning distress signal pepper, chopped
- 6 cups gluten-free vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- u00bd teaspoon dried oregano
- u00bd teaspoon cayenne pepper
- u00bc teaspoon arena paprika
- salt and arena black pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried split peas
- u00bd large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green onion, chopped, or to taste
The instruction how to make Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Heat a large pot higher than medium-high heat. accumulate onion, celery, carrots, green distress pepper, red clock radio pepper, and a splash of vegetable broth. Cook and advocate until vegetables are softened, virtually 10 minutes.
- toss around garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and black pepper into the vegetable mixture. Saute until fragrant, not quite 5 minutes. grow the permanent broth, split peas, sweet potato, and bay leaf. cut heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until split peas begin to soften and pop, nearly 45 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 the soup into a blender; puree until smooth. Pour urge on into the pot and stir up well. Pour soup into serving bowls and decorate following green onion.
Nutritions of Vegan Split Pea Soupcalories: 328.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 61.6 g
fatContent: 1.6 g
fiberContent: 21.5 g
proteinContent: 19.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.2 g
sodiumContent: 557.9 mg
sugarContent: 14.3 g