This avocado soup paired with pickled onion makes a fabulous starter to your gourmet dinner party.
The ingredient of Guacamole soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
The instruction how to make Guacamole soup
- For the pickled onion, mix ingredients in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 minute. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and blend with the avocado and coriander until smooth. Return to a clean pan, season to taste and warm gently over low heat. Serve soup topped with a swirl of sour cream, a little pickled onion and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritions of Guacamole soupcalories: 136.708 calories
fatContent: 12 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 316.65 milligrams sodium